If you’re a ThinkGeek customer, well, then you’ve probably already heard this. But they’ve got a special offer where you can redeem 750 of your geek points for a t-shirt with any purchase, until the 31st.
Unless you’re saving up for something big, it’s a pretty cool deal. Especially if you forgot you even had geek points laying around, like I did…
1. We’re now on MT3.2 beta 2.
2. And I got my first piece of spam here today, so Blacklist is up too. I can’t imagine that 3.2 will be popular with spammers, because it’s impossible for the spam to show up unless you’re smoking crack and publish it.
3. On an almost totally unrelated subject, there is some incredibly funny, clever stuff at Threadless, but this made me laugh so hard I choked.
4. Which is a good thing, because this almost made me cry. Heinlein was right, I just hope he wasn’t too right.
The Perry Bible Fellowship is rapidly becoming my new favorite online cartoon. It’s sick and twisted and wrong, and that’s just how I like it.
Click around that page for individual strips, and you’ll eventually end up in the archives, where you can check them all out, one at a time.
Funny stuff. Some of it is not safe for work, in the strictest sense, so you might want to wait til you get home, but I’ll post a few of the nudity-free ones in the extended entry…
[Update 1/7/09 - Since this post still gets so many hits, here's the new url for PBF.]
Read more »
Below the fold.
Because I have to know if anyone agrees…
Do not keep reading if you haven’t finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!
Read more »
When Order of the Phoenix came out, I took like a month to read it.
Because I could.
I rationed it, and read it as slowly as possible, sometimes not even more than two pages at night, if I was sleepy. This time, not so much. I tried. But with assholes posting spoilers all over every blogger’s comments, and freaks holding up signs at sporting events, I just couldn’t risk it. There was no way I could realistically expect one more day of silence from my co-workers, much less the internet.
When book seven comes out, I’m unplugging my computer, not turning on the tv or radio, and carrying a machete to work.
Comments are moderated, so don’t even try it.
p.s. I Severus.
Ladies and gentlemen, blogger baby two of this round appears to be imminent.
I couldn’t be any more excited about this one if he were my own. Bring on Gefilte, please. *sniffle*
1. Another brain-beating at work. Ow. But at least I managed to get a few things fixed this time. Sort of.
2. I missed an important phone call this evening because I didn’t recognize my own fucking ringtone.
3. Locals, if you’re looking for a nice teenybatch microbrew, O’Fallon Brewery is consistently good. Their Wheach beer is wonderful.
5. Tomorrow and Friday should be equally as painful as yesterday and today, so expect less blogging and more comic strips.
I’m actually not a huge fan of the Crockydiles, but this is so brilliant, I just have to post it.