The beta is going fabulously, for those of you who care. There were four betas released, and muse has been on the 8/16 nightly build since early this morning.
I had two bugs in b3, and briefly saw one in b4, which this nightly build fixed. This is the last beta expected (it looks clean to me), so get ready for the GA release of MT 3.2 very soon!
p.s. - They also announced that the MT Knowledge Base is going to become open to non-premium users when 3.2 is released. I’ve never used it, but if it’s half as helpful as the forums, I’ll be one happy geek.
Update: 6:15am - Somebody started spamming me about an hour ago - apparently just as a test, the url was google.com - and MT automatically blocked their IP after eight comments in 200 seconds. Admittedly, this wouldn’t have worked with a dynamic IP address, but I got little shivers of utter glee when I read the email announcing it.
Update: MT has announced that as of 3.2 GA, there will no longer be a limit on number of blogs per install. Yay! Now I don’t have to delete one when I move…
I don’t even know where to start…
The United Nations bankrolled the production of thousands of banners, bumper stickers, mugs, and T-shirts bearing the slogan “Today Gaza and Tomorrow the West Bank and Jerusalem,” which have been widely distributed to Palestinian Arabs in the Gaza Strip, according to a U.N. official.
The Palestinian Authority’s withdrawal committee developed and produced the posters and other items using U.N. money, Mr. Rothermel said.
In addition to the slogan “Today Gaza and Tomorrow the West Bank and Jerusalem,” many of the materials displayed the logo of the United Nations Development Program
Can we please stop pretending, and get out of the UN, now? And get the UN out of the US? These freaks are simply repulsive.
Harry Potter Personality Quiz
This is only odd because I usually test as an INTP. And a Gryffindor. But you know I love me some Severus. (And I didn’t skew my answers for any certain outcome.)
(via Og, who knew I would do this in a heartbeat.)
Now I have to clean off the %$#@! dining room table.
Anybody else see anything funny about this? Something that maybe the designers forgot?
Just checking. *giggle*
Is anyone else suddenly feeling inspired to just stop buying houses?
Seriously, I think in the future I’ll just rent… The tax benefit is nice and all, but this is getting really scary.
If you haven’t been reading Treppenwitz, this would be a fine day to start.
Update: I should add that David is not usually particularly political, so if you aren’t interested in the disengagement, you should entertain yourself with his archives, where you’ll find everything from childraising to beekeeping, and dozens of fabulous Photo Fridays. And also that he’s been patiently listening to me whine about this all day. As if I have any good reason to gripe, from half a world away.
1. You know what this country needs? More cowbell.
2. After all of my whining about SOx, I got a “gold star” in a meeting last week for being the only one who does it correctly. I still don’t know whether to be ashamed or proud.
3. Make your own flame thrower. This has to be the coolest thing since that dead xmas tree with fireworks for ornaments… (via Charles)
4. I saw this bumper sticker outside Qdoba last week, and actually remembered to use my camera phone. Think she’s a blog reader?
5. Although I never actually lived in Memphis, and only dated someone whose parents lived there for two years, nearly fifteen years ago — to this day, I still refer to these as Bartlett Bangs. (Yes, that is what the B stands for)
6. And you can still give to Charles Austin’s MDA drive. He’s threatening to kill the blog if he doesn’t make his goal. It’s a worthy cause, guys (I gave).
Because I know you’ve forgotten*
The Wrong Bananas
* - actually because it’s been stuck in my head for four days, and I want you to share my pain.